Friday, August 6, 2010

Thing #23

1. My favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey include Flickr which provided a series of presentation formats to create original work. The trading cards and poster idea looked really useable. The video tools including podcasting, embeding a video, um and creating an online album of pictures. The video tools were fun to use and provided me with some interesting ideas. I've used YouTube before, but I was not aware of Teacher Tube. I was interested to see how the videos could be embeded in other formats and presentations.
2. I have certainly learned more about technology and ways to incorporate it into my teaching, many ways to help students use the technology they know and also actively use technology. This course has given me many opportunities to use and actively be involved with the tools of technology.
3. Unexpected outcomes of this program were to give me opportunities to learn about technology for school an students, but also about technology I could use in my personal, everyday life. I was able to use technology to display my family pictures and stories.
4. I thought that the tutorials were the best way to help me learn as they not only gave examples but also gave me a step by step way to complete my discoveries. I would like to see my step by step videos and directions. Overall, however, this was a fully active program which allowed me to learn through observing models and creating my own products. I know, however, I need more practice to help me hone my newly learned technology skills.
5. This was a very productive program, and I would do another discovery program; however, this is too intense to be accomplished during the school year unless it was offered for fewer hours with fewer parts.
6. 23 Things is a learning experience to reveal many of the new technology tools and how to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment