Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THING #16

Janis Benefield the librarian at Stratford created a Wiki for a CATCHER IN THE RYE project that I used with my junior AP class. It provided a wonderful opportunity for my students to have the information for research, bacaground for the project and web links all in one place. After seeing the Wiki ideas and explanation videos, I can see other ways to use a Wiki if I can create one. One way would be to have students create trading cards about characters or elements of the novel. Another trading card idea would be to create cards on rhetorical devices. An additional idea would be to have student groups collaborate to comment on a book for reading groups that have been assigned to different novels. Students could edit the Wiki by adding information they found on web sites or blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment