Sunday, July 18, 2010

THING #8

RSS readers provide an interesting way to sift through all of the available information on different topics on the web. There will be much information that I would never be privy to without such RSS readers. It is amazing how much information is available on topics which is no accessible in the time availabe for most people. Using this will allow both teachers and students to keep in touch with the news and commentary about this news all in one place. Signing on to a reader such as this will allow me to keep up with issues in the news as I work with AP students in the 11th Grade who need to analyze, synthesize and argue about specifc non-fiction topics. A service such as this would also provide those students an opportunity to read about current events and controversial topics to use in their writings.

This type of reader will also provide me an opportunity to see what is new in the world of travel, cooking and recipies and new fiction which comes on the scene. This will allow me to use technology for leisure too.

1 comment:

  1. True! When I was working through 23 Things, I got carried away with RSS feeds and soon found that I needed to do some weeding or else get up three hours earlier to do the reading! :)

    ReplyDelete